View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 03:35 PM   #9
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
The Kindle Fire is 1024×600, the Mini is 1024x768.

Because I have owned an iPhone since 2007, I am highly invested in the Apple Ecosystem. I have lots and lots and lots and lots of apps that would get used daily on this Mini. I have Snapseed for photography, Garageband for music, iMovie for video, and am planning on getting Paper. My Kindle books will live happily on it, and so will my comiXology comics, and Zinio magazines. Plus I'll be finally able to use my iTunes U iBooks content.

16GB is fine for me. I'm used to being limited to that coming from an iPhone 4.

Apple didn't focus on the Kindle Fire because it didn't need to. The press and the initial response did it for them. Paying that much money for a device to get ads all over the place? I don't mind it myself, but then why would I get it when I can have something for the same price (tax wise) that's a lot better for my use and doesn't have advertisements? I can still use my Amazon Prime, my Kindle Books, browse the Amazon storefront, and have my Amazon MP3, so it's not a problem for me. I've been holding out so long on jumping on the iPad and it's finally at a price and size that works for me.

I think Apple knows that Amazon is going to do whatever they can to change things around when it comes to tablet apps. The Kindle Fire is great, and will only get better. The developer conference next month will bring great things to the HD devices.

Amazon also has a great track record of being the only company making Android devices that actually get like 10 updates in its cycle. No one else does that, not even Samsung or Motorola.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote