View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 09:12 PM   #20
FrancoisL
FrancoisL began at the beginning.

Device: Boox m92
Hello all,

I purchased the Onyx Boox M92 from Onyx Boox USA six weeks ago and it arrived in Canada four days later by US Postal service. No complaint.

The eboox reader is well built and attractive. Not as sturdy as the Sony, but better than the Kindle (IMO). The cover is OK, not great. The pen is the only weak point. It is too small, but it works. The cables and power supply are nice and well built.

I purchased one 32 GB SD card ($29) and loaded ALL the PDF from the thousand of scientific journal articles I accumulated over the last 25 years. I added ALL the PDF from the Health Physics Journal and Radiation Protection and Dosimetry since they started publishing, plus several textbooxs.

BTW, if you scan books, scan them in BW instead of grey scale, run them through Acrobat professional version 9 and do the OCR. It will straighten the pages, and add the text to the PDF file. It become easier to read and search the file.

This is very liberating. I feel like I did when I bought my first ipod and loaded all my music collection. I can now carry all my documents in a sliver of plastic. My wife used to cringe when I brought home two or three filing boxes full of articles for the weekend at the cottage. NOT ANYMORE!!

If you read PDF files, the M92 is perfect (it is actually better than that - wink). As a tablet and a web browser, it is barely usable. As far as I am concerned, this is a great purchase and I will cherish my PRECIOUS ebook reader.

Another nice thing is that there is a community that provides advice, support and files to add. Booxtor is the ring-leader and we love him for it. Keep up the good work, Booxtor.

Last edited by FrancoisL; 04-06-2012 at 09:03 AM.
FrancoisL is offline   Reply With Quote