View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 12:54 AM   #15
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinp View Post
I'm quite happy with my Nook HD+. For the money, I think it's a better product than any out there (that's why I bought it of course).

But their marketing absolutely stinks! I get emails occasionally from Amazon with all kinds of great deals like 99 cent apps or books or videos and I've bought several that I use on my rooted Nook.

B&N on the other hand, sends me emails EVERYDAY advertising the latest $14.99 ebook or wanting to sell me some toys. I often get emails of coupons from them as well that say "**NOOK devices and NOOK books excluded". Well, that excludes me altogether.

The problem's not with the Nooks, it's with their eco-system that they're apparently unwilling to change.
Yep, that's actually something that is incredibly annoying. I agonized over buying Amazon paperwhite vs the Nook GloTouch. I ended up with the Paperwhite because it was just technologically better.

I don't get all kinds of spammed emails, and the shopping via amazon is just so much easier than barnes and noble. Also the website is so much faster.

It just seems that B&N gets on the cutting edge of something, and then when others come out with comparable products, they just can't keep up.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote