View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 08:15 PM   #12
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
y
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post
Essentially, I used my T1, with the wi-fi, logged into my computer through my wifi router, and went to Calibre and downloaded two books, without hooking up my cable from the computer to the T1.
Though this sounds silly doing it here at my computer desk, with the computer and cables under my hands, this way I can do it from other rooms in my house, with my husbands' T1, and even (I assume) from across the country at my parents house (if I left my computer on with Calibre running)

It would also be great for those who have misplaced their cable, etc......

AJ
* you can only do it within range of your wifi (local) network... To do it from elsewhere you would have to use something like Calibre2opds which works with Dropbox or set up port forwarding etc. as discussed in this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...e+server+range
But even if you don't, it is nice being at the other end of the house or lounging in the back yard and being able to get books without going to the computer...

Last edited by Cdesja5; 06-19-2012 at 08:23 PM.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote