View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 04:34 PM   #26
usuallee
Media Junkie
usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
6) Did not have one
7) Gave up on it

Seriously, what's with the "goal" obsession around here?

Free-range readers unite!!
+1 If it becomes a job it stops being fun. But I don't begrudge those who like to set goals, I just know myself well enough to know that it would make reading less fun. I do keep track of how many books I read on goodreads (if you're interested, 41 books, 16,914 pages so far in 2012, slightly more than 2011).

But for me personally if I put a goal to read say 50 books in 2013, I would obsess on it, avoid the lengthier, meatier tomes of both fiction and nonfiction that I've been interested lately in favor of shorter light reads, and just generally turn it into a wretched chore.

Last edited by usuallee; 12-19-2012 at 04:37 PM.
usuallee is offline   Reply With Quote