View Single Post
Old 09-23-2014, 09:15 AM   #71
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by iplers View Post
Excellent! It was 1.4.2, installed and never upgraded by Calibre. I manually installed this version and voila!
You were still on 1.4.1? I thought I had fixed that problem and released it. Not getting 1.4.2 would explain why you saw it. The new version I posted today goes a bit further to clean up some code I don't like.
Quote:
It not only works, but it shows even better: the issue. The title and author match, but the UUID doesn't. I have no idea why, because the book was uploaded by Calibre. Anyway, it did ask for a confirmation, along with a thumbnail of the book cover and than imported it allright. Super! Now I can remove the book to make some more storage on the device.
Unfortunately, with the way the calibre reads the Kindles and the annotations are stored on them, there isn't a guaranteed link between them. The plugin has to do some matching between them. That's what the different colours mean in the import dialog. I've always been surprised by this but I don't have a Kindle to test it with. The Kindle code was written by someone else.

This is also why there have been a few failures at this point. My testing is with my Kobo devices and they do have a link. That means the prompt isn't displayed and I have to make a small code change to force it. And I never remember to do it until after I release an update
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote