View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 06:13 PM   #78
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
All of this talk about OS differences reminds me of my decisions on this. As far as I am concerned it is the applications that I am interested in not the OS. The OS is just a way to run applications. For this reason I use a iPad but my main computer runs Windows. For my use there are many more applications that I want that only run on that platform.

Dale
I have both an old PC and an even older iMac. I feel more comfortable navigating through menus on a PC, which is one reason I prefer doing most of my computing on a PC. Also, as you stated, there are many more applications written for Windows, but just as important to those of us on a budget, those programs that come in both PC and Mac versions tend to cost more for the Mac version. Having said that, I just renewed my Norton Antivirus for Mac after two months of its having been expired and the Mac got no viruses at all in that time. I wouldn't dare get that careless with Windows. Moreover, I can shut down, restart, and log into my iMac in less time than I can log into my already booted PC, and it appears to make much more efficient use of its resources. Overall, I think Macs are the better computers, and if I spent more time with my iMac—whose main function at this time is to keep the rest of the family off my PC—I might well come to prefer the way things are done on them. They're awesome machines, but they are expensive.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote