View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 01:26 PM   #13
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
It would be interesting to know what percentage of ebook readers care about covers. I do not care at all - I never look at the cover in an ebook. I just want to read the book.

Maybe the publishers don't think it is worth the time and cost to put covers in, if they think the majority of readers don't care. Or, they could just be lazy.

I'd care less about covers if the ebooks were 2 dollars and not 12. I also think someday we may have color e-ink screens and the covers would be nice to have. The pictures invoke stronger memories than the vague rememberance of what the story is about.

I can look at a cover and it instantly brings to mind the story inside. Where as without the cover I'd have to read the blurb/summary. Too many stories share the same title but I don't know of any two seperate novels that share the same cover.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote