View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 10:18 AM   #15
AlanHK
Guru
AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW-3, iPad, Android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You are trying with different books, just in case you got a bad one? Or launch Sigil from the Icon (with no book).
Just trying to open the program, no book at all.

Quote:
Have you run Hardware checks on your system? Sigil (and Calibre) can be a little demanding of resources at times. Memtest86+ and a drive test are good to do from time to time
My PC is 6 months old and overpowered for most things I do.It handles 1080p video and Photoshop etc. all fine. And Calibre does run okay.

Quote:
The most common culprit is still an 'update' of security software, followed by: 'Helper' utilities
Yes, but I tried safe mode with all security software inactive and still couldn't run it. Anyway, when my AV or firewall does block something it tells me.

I suspect some Windows resource (dll, etc) that Sigil needs has gone missing somehow. But I can't work out which.

Is anyone else running Sigil on XP?
AlanHK is offline   Reply With Quote