View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 03:45 PM   #121
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Now only modifying the margin and Font will preserve the images and font quality in addition to keeping the final eBook size very small

Anyhow just food for thought

=X=
Yes, I agree, but for some .pdf's even that is not enough. I have a large form factor ebook reader 8" but only 480x600 and I can barely read some .pdf's that have their margin's "cut-off" in portrait mode. Remember you have to keep the page aspect ratio and the page may be longer than wider i.e. removing the margin still doesn't bring it to the edge. However, in landscsape mode (two page flips), I can read almost any .pdf (converted to images).

Your case may work well for larger print .pdf, but may not be general enough to handle most (all) cases. I do agree that when .pdf's loose their margin the text does look a lot better and clearer.

Just chomping on that food a bit....

p.s. BTW, I think the font 'loss" you experienced before when you where using PDFRead came from using a too high edge enhancement i.e 6; if the resulting text is too blurry, then and only then would I suggest using high edge enhancement values.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote