View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 09:40 AM   #1
Acousticvillage
Enthusiast
Acousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPad, Marvin 3, Mapleread
DRM and AZW files

Hi all. I have downloaded just about everything I can find on this subject. Hoever, hopefully with your help I can clear something up for good....

I can strip the DRM off books I have bought and downloaded to kindle.

However, is it possible to strip the drm off a book that was given to me? My friend in Canada sent me a book by Andrea Stuart called "Sugar in the blood". It is drm'd in azw format. My friend had bought the book from amazon UK store but travels a lot.

I can't open it in Calibre and I cannot convert it to Mobi or epub (so I could read it on my nexus 7).

Can we use the same un-drm tools for books that we did not personally buy and download - e.g. gifts from someone - and if so, is there a link I could go to?
I have tried to use all the python tools, calibre plugins, etc, but to no avail.

Hope you can help
Jim
Acousticvillage is offline   Reply With Quote