View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 11:23 PM   #8
willijt
Zealot
willijt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willijt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willijt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willijt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willijt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willijt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willijt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willijt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willijt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willijt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willijt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 2, Nook
Mac Pages and MS Word - Text Editing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
On a Mac you can just copy paragraphs and line breaks and paste them into the search and replace window.

To the OP: I would suggest using Pages for this - the search and replace seems to be more stable and a little easier to use than in Word. I've done this a lot recently with some books I've re-formatted, and whenever I start working in Word I often find myself shifting to Pages.

When finished, you can export from Pages to RTF - though I would suggest copying and pasting the whole thing into a new RTF document (TextEdit). It gives a 'cleaner' file. The RTF file can be converted in Calibre to for example ePUB if you don't like how RTF looks on the Reader.
To EA: You're correct about Pages. It's what I ended up using - both for its stability and ease of use with Find/Replace. Word couldn't hold the contents of the book for longer than 2 minutes before it crashed, regardless of what I did to fix it. Your photography is very nice.

To all: Thank you. I learn. The challenge is to remember.
willijt is offline   Reply With Quote