Thread: Seriousness Astronaut Neil Armstrong has died
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 11:41 PM   #22
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
I still have the moon landing recorded on 8mm projection film. Stores sold short subjects in 8mm film such as this on their shelves in the "olden days", before the older media was replaced by video cassette tapes.
My high school physics teacher had a VCR -- very unusual for 1969. It was a top-loader, about the size of a small suitcase, and (I think) it used 3/4 inch tape.

We saw reruns when we got back to school.

I went out for a night walk last Thursday, just under the (almost) full moon. I gave a nod to Neil.

(And I stopped at every curb in honor of Shadow, my German shepherd, who passed away last December.)
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote