View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 08:13 AM   #104
Alissa
Connoisseur
Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 + Story HD + Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
then i changed the default for mobi's to kindle 4 pc and wow, a rush of covers appeared in place of the mobireader icons. and just a few .azw's and all .tpz's were icons instead of covers!!!
Well, alan, congratulations! ... ?

Firstly, .tpz files being shown as icon is an expected behaviour; my MobiHandler doesn't support .tpz/.azw1 files at all. Few .azw/.mobi files having no cover image is also usual, because not all .azw files contain cover images.

My problem is that I found nothing bad in a registry report you kindly uploaded, and I had no idea what was wrong before the MobiHandler started working on your PC. Can you run the ascertainer.exe again and upload the report.txt file, so that I can compare them? (I'm very much afraid they are identical, though...)

Another (minor) problem is that, as far as I understand, the registry report you uploaded indicated that your default .azw/.mobi/.rpc viewer was Kindle for PC (version 1.5 or later.) I noticed your PC also have mobipocket reader, Kindle previewer, and calibre installed, and you had K4PC 1.4 (or before) installed before, but your registry appeared they were associated as alternatives. MobiHandler just ignores alternative associations (or, I intended to make it so behave), and it should not affect operations of MobiHandler.

BTW, what was the default viewer for .azw/.mobi files when you run ascertainer.exe?

Last edited by Alissa; 07-20-2011 at 08:16 AM.
Alissa is offline   Reply With Quote