View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 01:28 PM   #2
faithbw
Guru
faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Mini 2
I can answer no. 2 and no. 4.

Get a case! It is highly recommended that you get one. E-ink screens can be sensitive to torque. The case will help protect the screen, especially if you're going to carry it in a bag. Don't get me wrong. You don't have to be extra gentle to it. I would handle it the same way I would handle any other electronic device. I put my covered nook in my purse with my wallet, iPod Touch, cell phone, and keys whenever I leave the house. So it's not fragile. You just have to be slightly more cautious with the e-ink screen. The cover will help protect it in case you do something like drop your bag. Also, I recommend you get a sturdy case that covers the screen when closed.

You can check Gmail but you have to use the html version not the full version. You won't be able to use Google Reader (at least I wasn't able to). A message appeared that said I needed a different web browser to access Reader. I would imagine that you may have some difficulties with other Google apps as well. Honestly, I really would not recommend using the browser on the Nook, even for basic tasks. Using the LCD touchscreen to navigate while looking at the e-ink screen is such a hassle for me.
faithbw is offline   Reply With Quote