View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 03:24 AM   #28
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveK View Post
The Tennessee statewide system has 5,239 titles in PDF, 1,361 titles in EPUB, 6,880 audiobooks in WMA and 669 audiobooks in MP3 format. I remember barely a year ago when they first started adding EPUB books and they had around 75 or so. I had more EPUB books in my collection than they did! Obviously that statement is no longer true.

Fortunately, my local library is part of the statewide system, which is called Regional Ebook and Audiobook Download System (READS), which I thought was a rather clever name. I don't believe they accept non-resident applications, but if you live in Tennessee you might want to check if your library participates.

SteveK
Thanks, Steve. Earlier I had looked at Nashville, Memphis, Knoxville and Chattanooga and none of them are part of READS. Only Nashville has e-books and a good amount with 2143 titles.
I looked at Gatlinburg and they are part of READS with 6532 unique titles so I'll have to somehow add READS to my list.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote