View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 11:42 AM   #1
Rootman
Groupie
Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Android & FBReader
EDIT: Turns out this is not true, you CAN delete books out of the archive. They responded very quickly with the below email.

If, like me, you DON'T see a particular title in your MANAGE MY KINDLE page chances are you put it in the TRASH on the MEDIA LIBRARY PAGE. Do as Whitearrow suggests and UNtrash it: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...045#post687031

Quote:
Hello,

Thanks for writing to us regarding permanently deleting books from your Kindle archives.

To permanently delete an item from archives, you need to access Manage Your Kindle page and scroll to the "Your Orders" section. Expanding a title by clicking the "+" button will reveal a "Delete" button to delete the title permanently.

To permanently remove a title from your Kindle account and Archived Items please visit amazon.com/myk and follow these instructions:

1. Locate the item you wish to delete in the "Your Orders" section. If you have a lot of content, you may need to use the Previous and Next links at the bottom to navigate through all of your content.

2. Click on "Delete this title" button next to the title to permanently remove the title item from your account and Archived Items.

Note that after the title is removed from your account, you will no longer have access to re-download this title unless you re-purchase it. Existing copies of this title already on your device must be manually removed.

I hope this information helps. Thanks for using Kindle.
ORIGINAL POST - DISREGARD
After I got my kindle I of course went on a downloading spree getting all kinds of books for it, some free some very inexpensive. many that I've heard of and wanted to read, a few I just tucked away for the future.

I was surprised when I learned that once you download a book from Amazon it is in your Kindle archive FOREVER. There is no way to delete it so that it won't show up any more. Yes those embarrassing books you bought in the privacy of your home are there listed in the archive for all time. The books you downloaded just to get a taste for them - and ended up hating - are stuck there on the list forever. They are listed in ALL Kindles you have registered to your account. Give your Kid a Kindle and want to have them on your joint Amazon Kindle account? They can see ALL your books. Adult, inappropriate or just bad books, they are all there ready to deliver silently by Whispernet directly to their own Kindle.

Please join me in emailing Amazon and insist that this be made possible. Hopefully the link below will take yo to their feedback page. I have attached a copy of my email to them, please feel free to modify it or of course ignore it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/conta...d=508510#csTop

Quote:
Please Please Please make a way to PERMANENTLY delete books from the Kindle archive. I downloaded 2 free Christmas "books" only to learn they were actually lyrics to Christmas songs.

After discovering this flaw I am now VERY reluctant deciding what books I buy and download and have started to seek OTHER sources for some of my books that I may want to read or just have. ***While many of these books are free books, the fact that I am NOT downloading them from Amazon means I am NOT on the Amazon site - and therefore not seeing the suggestions and offers Amazon has for me, and therefore NOT buying anything from Amazon *** This is costing you $$$.

Make it double or triple confirmations to PERMANENTLY delete something in the archive - even force it to be confirmed by email, but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make a way to get rid of unwanted titles in the archive FOREVER.

Last edited by Rootman; 12-08-2009 at 03:37 PM.
Rootman is offline   Reply With Quote