View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 09:37 AM   #49
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Certainly true but don't hold your breath. You seem to be in the camp that every DRM method does not work but I think that is just wishful thinking.

Dale
I think it is mostly a question of demand. At the moment, Adobe DRM holds a relatively small part of the market place for ebooks. Popular literature (i.e., novel, memoirs, etc.) that can be obtained in Adobe DRM formats can also usually be obtained through Mobi or .lit and therefore there is little need to jailbreak another DRM scheme.

In practice, the single biggest obstacle to unbreakable DRM is the fact that the end user must some how or other have the key. Ultimately, if epub begins to gain traction at the expense of other formats, I suspect that the incentatives to break Adobe DRM schemes will increase. I wouldn't expect it to happen this year, but I think I would be surprised if it hadn't been broken in 5 years.

--
Bill

Last edited by bill_mchale; 02-17-2009 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Clean up some of the writing
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote