View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 12:11 PM   #12
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron101 View Post
so does no one think the bebook is worthy? -
If I had to decide between the BeBook and the CyBook, even given the dictionary and font differences I would choose the BeBook. Those two issues can be fixed with firmware updates which Hanlin has seemed to be releasing in a timely fashion. The biggest issue I see with CyBook is the total lack of customer support. Granted, 95% plus of electronic devices never have a problem... but you are rolling the dice.

If I lived in a place where the Sony is supported I would choose it over the above two. I feel it is a better made device and Sony has proved they are commited to this market. They have also commited to a large influx of content on their US/Canada store. The no mobipocket support is totally eliminated by the existence of mobi, ereader and lit drm removal tools. And calibre converts those formats to LRF/ePub perfectly well. In addition the Sony is the only device that supports Secure Adobe PDF/ePub books which are used by a LARGE amount of libaries and ebook stores.

In the US I think the best choice is the Kindle. It opens up a large content provider that you just can't buy from with any other device. (Yes, I think Amazon should open this up, but that's not the point.) Once again, mobi drm removal tool doesn't limit you to the Kindle store. However, I've yet to find a book that is availble in Mobipocket that is not available for the Kindle. The wireless shopping and delivery of Kindle content is just a bonus as is Wikipedia access.

Anyway... there are my rankings.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote