View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 07:03 PM   #4
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron101 View Post
Just when I keep making up my mind on which to buy, something else comes up and brings me back to square one. As a uk consumer, we now have the choice of bebook (£229), gen3 (£179), iliad (£400), sony 505 (£199) all from high streeet retailers (wh smiths, waterstones, sony shop), well apart from bebook which looks like a uk website.

For me the iliad although a worthy product, but is way too expensive, but I'm torn between the sony 505/bebook and gen3. Does anyone know of any other uk websites or uk retailers selling other models for reasonable prices ? Or if you had to choose between the 505/bebook and gen3, which one?

decisions, decisions!!
Its Frustrating isn't it

Seriously, while the iliad is great for Looking at PDf's and making notes, i would Probably not suggest getting that unless those are you main priorities.

For recreational reading one of the 6'' Devices is best.

The Cybook Gen 3 is currently the best deal as you know, especially as it includes the case. With it you get the best mobipocket support, Dictionary support and Font support.PDF Support is basic but usable. Drawback is that it is light, so might be a little more delicate then the others (I've personally not had any problems, but it's just something to keep in mind)

The Sony has the advantage that it is probably the most sturdy of them all with a metal case, and is definitely the most elegant looking.It also had refilow support for PDF's which none of the others do. Drawback is that purchase options are limited unless you format shift. However if you have a lot of your own documents you want to read on it, it supports RTF natively, so is a nice bonus.

The Bebook has the most varied format support, but while it supportd mobipocket, it is a very limited application. The advantage is that there is a active development community so that those deficiencies will be rectified in time.

The thing is that all the current devices have a glass substrata so you do have to treat them with care, but a good case, and a little caution should prevent any accidents .
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote