View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 11:40 AM   #33
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
On Facebook, for instance, when a friend posts something important like, "A politician I despise was caught with his hand in the till," what does it mean if you "Like" it?
It basically means, Thanks for the post or good post AFAICT. At least that's how I use it. You are "likeing" the post... NOT the content of a link posted.

I think it also depends on what you like. If it is a link and I see a LIKE I generally think the person appreciates the link. If it is a comment or personal post, the personal likes the post, agrees with it, or is supporting you...

For example, If I post... "I was up all last night projectile vomiting." and you "like" that post, I'm sure that is more of a "hang in there" support than a "I'm so happy you're sick".

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote