View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 02:25 PM   #15
antithesis
Avid reader
antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Kindle DX White
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
I would assume that for whatever reason (and there are a number of really good ones) the OP needs to use their finger to follow the words on the page in order to be able to read the text. They likely do the same with paper books.
I'm glad this gets recognized. This is exactly what I mean. I suppose I could've been clearer in the OP.

Good advice in here, especially the Gmini Magicbook. However, I couldn't find any place to buy it. It's very disappointing how few e-readers are available in the Netherlands. I even had trouble finding some Ectaco products.

I realized that a device with a style like the Icarus Excel / Onyx M92 or the Pocketbook Pro 912 could also work, since I can just use my finger without triggering anything (right?). However, touch screens with styluses tend to be frustrating.

I've decided to just stay away from the pain and go with a Kindle DX White (I got one for 100 euros). I'm ordering an external LED reading light separately. Thanks for the help.
antithesis is offline   Reply With Quote