View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 11:41 AM   #6
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
What is that picture of the phone App?

Can you load ADW on a KFHD that hasn't been rooted? It looks great.
I don't remember what the phone icon did. I removed it almost immediately after installing ADW.

And yes, ADW can be installed without rooting. My KFHD is NOT rooted. The downside to using a alternative launcher without rooting is that tapping the "home" button brings up the Kindle UI. But a quick tap of the ADW icon (which appears in the carousel) brings it right back. (I find that tapping the "back" button in an app will bring it back to ADW)

I don't mind this inconvenience since I like having the flexibility of going back to the stock UI and taking advantage of the Amazon services. (the Kindle reading app can only be launched from the Kindle UI).
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote