View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 05:05 PM   #227
DarkScribe
Apprentice Curmudgeon.
DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Touch, Paperwhite, Sony, and Nook.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
If it works for you, you're not stuck.

I, on the other hand, am apparently allergic to properly using word processors. Word, OOo, doesn't matter. If I need to draft a "normal" text document, I usually use Notepad++ then sling it into Publisher for formatting. I do use Word, when the document requires it, but for anything longer than a page I start freaking out a bit. I know, I'm weird, but it's probably because my entry into the business world started with Pagemaker (later InDesign) and project management software. For my current job, things like training documents start in One Note and migrate to Publisher.

I'm so dreading the day I have to submit to Smashwords. Of course, at the rate I'm going, by that time maybe they'll take direct ebook format uploads. I can dream, anyway.
Before I got Scrivener and before dual screens were standard, I used to use two machines with the same word processing software. They were both synched by cable, one with the current project, the other with all notes and research etc.

Now, with Scrivener I just use the one program and two screens. I synch with Dropbox between desktop and portable systems (I don't trust iCloud - too many dramas) and it all works beautifully.
DarkScribe is offline   Reply With Quote