View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 02:55 AM   #1
ellett
Connoisseur
ellett began at the beginning.

Device: Android
[Android App] Best Android reader software for use with Calibre / Calibre Companion

Before my conversion to calibre I used Aldiko Premium to manage and read my books. Since calibre, Aldiko has remained a favorite reading experience but its insistence on loading and maintaining its own data store of books has become an increasing frustration. If calibre, or calibre companion, maintains an external data store, either books have to be periodically imported into Aldiko, resulting in total book duplication, or books are read from the external store, in which case Aldiko does not remember bookmarks etc. so for instance when you close a book and reopen it you are taken to the front cover, not to the page where you left off in the previous reading session.

Can anyone suggest a book reader that can be invoked from an external book data store (in my case from calibre Companion) and will remember bookmarks, annotation etc., and that has a comparable feature set to Aldiko?

I've seen good write-ups of Mantano, but it also may have its own data store, most of the Mantano doc refers to pdfs, which I don't use, and I certainly don't want to sign up for Mantano cloud.

So, I solicit your clarifications and recommendations. Thanks.
ellett is offline   Reply With Quote