View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 10:39 PM   #103
DuaneAA
Connoisseur
DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 & Kindle Fire HDX
I'm currently listening to 'Her Royal Spyness', a murder mystery with the main protagonist being a woman who is right on the edge of British royalty being the 34th person from the crown. The story is set in 1936 during the Prince Edward - Mrs. Simpson scandal. The reader has one of those wonderful voices I could listen to all day. This is the first book in a series and I am definitely ready to follow it up with the second book.

Before this I read 'Ready Player One', which I believe has been mentioned before. It is a sci-fi story set thirty years in the future, but it is really about 1980s geek and pop culture. I think you needed to be at least in your teens or twenties during the 1980s to get the nearly endless stream of trivia.

Two winners in a row. Hopefully the next book in my queue, 'The Red Pyramid' will be good, too.

Duane
DuaneAA is offline   Reply With Quote