View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 12:44 AM   #92
beespeckled
Zealot
beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!

Device: KOBO Aura One; Kindle Oasis 3
I finally got an audio jack that works off of the 12volt system in my car so I can start listening to books from my mP3 player commuting.

I'm listening to Little Bee by Chris Cleave. Anne Flosnick reads it, she is a fantastic reader, amazing accents for the characters.

Little Bee is a teen Nigerian refugee, the story starts with her being released from a refugee internment facility outside of London. (after being interred for 2 years) Among her possessions a battered business card and a British driver's license that isn't her own. The story unfolds through Little Bee relating snippets of her past to the present. The driver's license and business card belong to a man who was vacationing in Africa. While fleeing for their lives, Little Bee and her sister have an encounter on the beach with the Englishman and his wife.

Last edited by beespeckled; 01-13-2012 at 12:53 AM. Reason: rephrasing
beespeckled is offline   Reply With Quote