View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 07:21 PM   #2
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosy621 View Post
I tried to root my Nook STR. I messed up the step on copying over the uRamdisk_rooted file. I thought I was reformatting the microSD... but I formatted the Nook. (I'm stupid. I know. I can't explain it except to say I was not paying attention. Feel free to expound on my stupidity.)

I flashed clockwork recovery onto the microSD card and put the appropriate firmware in a zip file on the microSD, as I have read one is supposed to do. Well, I press and hold the power butt so the Nook reboots and... nothing. It stays at the Rooted Forever screen. If I take out the SD and hold down the power button and in about 5 seconds the screen flashes, goes blank, then comes right back up to Rooted Forever.

Any ideas? Did I permanently brick the thing? TIA!

Rosy
You can try the 8 failed boots trick, assuming you did not format the partition that contains the factory fallback and the bootloader. If you don't have that, then your options are very limited, basically you need for somebody to make a dump of the nook touch partitions and then recreate those on your nook touch. If you have lost information stored on the device, like the serial number and such, you may not be able to register once you restore the partitions.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote