Thread: PRS-600 Unable to read an ePub
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 01:47 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by eosrose View Post
I just purchased my PRS-600 yesterday, so I'm still familiarizing myself with it. I've added some ePubs that I created myself in Sigil with success, but for some reason one ePub will not open on the reader. I can view it in Calibre just fine. When I ran it threw the ePub validator over at ThreePress Consulting it comes out valid, but with the error "/Text/content003.xhtml: file is over 300k in size." Do I need to divide that chapter into smaller portions, or could there be something else happening here? Is there some sort of size limit I'm not aware of? I would appreciate your help in figuring out what is happening here.
300k is above the limit for most any reader that uses the ADE rendering engine. Which include the majority of ereaders. All of them will hang.

You can convert it from ePub to ePub in Calibre and it will section things off in 260k junks so you won't have this problem. Just make sure you keep a backup before converting in Calibre because if you're using Calibre's GUI (like I do) it will overwrite the original file in the Calibre Library. Sometimes it takes a time or two to get it right.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote