View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 08:26 PM   #1
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Dorchester Dropping Mass Market for E-books & Pod

Dorchester Publishing just announced that they are dropping their mass market paperback program for e-books and POD.

I hope this works out, but I have misgivings. Dorchester has had financial troubles lately, and this sounds more like desperation than the future of publishing. Also, from what I have heard, their e-book royalties are not very good. On top of that, authors (and readers!) were hit with this without any warning. Many authors have spent their own money promoting an upcoming print book, only to find out that the print edition has been delayed over six months and will be in trade paperback.

They also had a subscription plan where readers could sign up to get all their new horror titles or all their new romance titles or whatever by month. This will throw that into chaos -- or rather, even more chaos.

I'm also annoyed because there were some horror novels I was looking forward to buying in the fall. I hope the e-books will become available when the mass market paperbacks were supposed to come out, but we know that isn't always the case.

Last edited by Critteranne; 08-06-2010 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Adding Tags
Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote