View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 05:59 PM   #6
Ordinaryuser
Enthusiast
Ordinaryuser doesn't litterOrdinaryuser doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Touch, Nook Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by billbirchall View Post
I do not know whether the problem is me, or the software: Adobe Digital Editions. I have recently paid for and downloaded, No Time to Say Goodbye - Linwood Barclay. It was in pdf format and I had to use Adobe D E to download it to my Sony PRS 505. After downloading I used the font key to enlarge the print.

Two issues arise:-
1) The format is poor, as pages end half way up a page and sometimes in mid-sentence. The authors name is irritatingly,liberally sprinkled, at the top or bottom of many pages.

2) When changing the font size you do not change the numerical number of pages just the number of page turns. There are just more pages with the same number.

Perfection would be, to be able to read the ebook as you would a normal paper book, with proper endings to chapters and no excessive views of the name of the author. Is this obtainable and I am just not experiencing it for some reason, or is it with the current plethora of formats, a pipe-dream? If I can change any of what I have described, can someone let me know how to do it?
I have found the same issues, however, the opportunity for reading a free library book seems to outweigh the disadvantages. Hard to beat the price.
Ordinaryuser is offline   Reply With Quote