View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 06:28 PM   #29
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Gosh - I can't ever remember not reading. I taught myself to read before kindergarten, and was the classic "read under the sheets with a flashlight" kid. I wanted to be anywhere but where I was (horrible childhood, lousy family, etc.) Reading probably saved my life - reading about different people, lives, situations gave me hope of finding a better personal situation than the one I was in.

Our small town had a bookmobile - and a very kind librarian - who allowed me into the adult section long before I could reach the shelves. And there was a second grade teacher (Miss Kettner) who personally encouraged me to read. My budget always provided for books before food. The only expenditure I placed above books occurred when cats moved in with me: pet needs > books > food. I carry books everywhere.

And now I can't ever imagine not reading. E-readers allow me NEVER to run out of reading material.

Last edited by poohbear_nc; 01-09-2013 at 06:33 PM.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote