View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 09:26 AM   #6
MaMiller
Author
MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
You can find this romantic adventure at Barnes and Noble, Smashwords, and Amazon

Excerpt:

“And what made the doctor move to this sector?” Mitch asked when he was knee-deep in ferns and unable to spot the ground beneath him.

Chuck stopped, lifting the bottom of his shirt to swipe the perspiration from his forehead.

“You mean you don’t know?”

“Know what?”

“That no one else has been here.”

One glimpse up at the ceiling of writhing limbs, uncertain whether they were branches or indigenous reptiles, Mitch observed, “Understandable. But you sound cryptic. Why does no one come here?”

“Well…” Chuck seemed reluctant to embellish, “−there have been others—others who have.” He paused, glancing over his shoulder as if to confirm no one had followed them.
“But they never returned. Not one single member of any party that traveled to this region ever returned. The area is marked on the map as No Man’s Land.”

At that moment, a macaw screeched an eerie warning, and Mitch flinched.

“You’re pulling my leg.” He tried to sound composed. “Let’s spook the photographer, huh?”

“Would I purposely try to scare you?” Chuck grinned. “I wish I had thought of that.”

He pushed a branch aside and looked back. “Personally, I believe that a group or two have come in here, ran into some problems…hell, get bit by the right thing, or have a run in with a Fer-de-lance, and you’re doomed. Anyway, over the years, those little tales have escalated into hordes of archeologists gone missing. It’s become nothing more than campfire fodder,” Chuck frowned. “You know what I’m saying?”

Mitch doubted the man’s levity. And it was hard for him to form any conjecture without knowing the facts. “How many people are you talking? How many have gone missing?”

“Five that I know of. There have been reports of others, but like I said, the frenzy of gossip could have jacked the count up.”

Last edited by MaMiller; 12-13-2011 at 09:35 AM.
MaMiller is offline   Reply With Quote