View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 03:01 PM   #41
stonetools
Wizard
stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, IPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
The thing is ... even though they probably did not invent any of those devices, they refined them to the point that they are now a complete success. I'm not an fanboy, but that's a fact.

Going back to the main topic, which is not about the iPad tablet, Dropbox is providing a service that is not only useful for tablets but for people who want to sync documents across different devices, including laptops or cellphones. I can save an excel spreadsheet on my HP laptop and check it later from my MacBook air. I can even access the same document using my Android phone.

Are other companies providing similar services than Dropbox ? Probably. But for X or Y reason, Dropbox is popular, simple and it works.

Having an SD card slot is useful, but does not replicate the file across devices. It's local storage, not cloud. An added benefit, but a different approach.
To a large extent, services like iCloud and Dropbox largely obviate the need for SD cards. In any case, Apple has SD card slots in its Macs, so if not as if Apple is ideologically opposed to SD cards. Hard to see in that design decision any evil intent by Apple- except for those who want to find evil intent.
stonetools is offline   Reply With Quote