View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 10:40 AM   #1
enygmatic
enygmatic began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
PRS-300 and Windows XP/ Vista issues

Hi,
I've had a PRS-300 for a few months now and its been a fabulous experience. I've however run into some issues while using it. I basically have two computers at home, a laptop that runs Vista and a desktop that runs Windows XP SP3.
When I plug in the PRS-300 into my desktop, I get a Windows error message saying "Device not recognized" or something to that effect. Any idea why this is happening?
I've had no problems in connecting the device to my Laptop, and Vista recognizes the device perfectly. The issue I had was with Sony's buggy software. The software just crashed once and now it refuses to start up. I've tried everything from re-installing the software to cleaning up the directories and setting files manually. Nothing has worked so far.
So I have been reduced to using drag and drop to get the books on to my reader. The only option I have at this point is to maybe use Calibre instead. So, does anyone know of any issues that Calibre may have on Vista? Also has anyone faced a problem like mine on Vista ?
Any help will be appreciated.
enygmatic is offline   Reply With Quote