View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 06:17 PM   #9
Rolech
Rolech began at the beginning.

Device: jetbook lite*sold/psr300 returned/Kindle2 sold/Sony 600/palm treo 680
To Jack and all-Thank you for your help, sorry for being such a neophyte, I have learned that TOC is Table of Contents and am extremely perplexed and frustrated by this whole adventure into ereaders. I don't want to believe what you say is true, but incredibly I'm more and more convinced it is-you cannot navigate around ebooks except in very rudimentery ways, bizzare when this functionality has existed on low end devices,pda's,smartphones ect for years-Now it's as if this TOC is a function everybody's trying to achieve via multiple file conversions with Calibre, and all sorts of workarounds, bookmarks ect.
Somethings fishy here and it obviously isn't the files I buy from ereader.com because they work fine on other devices so my conclusion is it's the reader itself -why can't one download ereaderPro or others to JBL or Nook ect- unless it's the same old marketing plan that will hype up later this year and next the simple functionality of going to a chapter. Maybe there are so many new converts to ereaders that they're not expecting anything else?
Well I guess I'll keep looking for aKJV Bible that my JBL will allow me to look up at least Book and chapter, and maybe even verse.
Rolech is offline   Reply With Quote