View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 10:46 PM   #1
Doc109
Enthusiast
Doc109 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doc109 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doc109 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doc109 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doc109 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doc109 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doc109 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doc109 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doc109 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doc109 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doc109 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire 2 (non-HD), Kindle Paperwhite
Polarizing Filter on KF 2nd Gen (not HD)?

My 1st-gen Fire had a loose charging port which was rapidly getting worse. Despite being out of warranty, Amazon sent me a 2nd-generation Fire (not HD) at no cost. Pretty cool, eh?

On the 2nd gen, I like the cooler screen temp in the reading app. The white background is much more muted and easy on the eyes. I like many other things about it as well...

But the main point here is that 1) viewing angles are worse than the 1st gen KF and 2) the glare seems a bit less than the 1st gen KF. My first gen KF had incredibly wide viewing angles, but the angles on the new one show faded color pretty quickly. Since I am almost always viewing it at a narrow angle or straight on, it does not really bother me. And if the tradeoff is narrower angles for less glare, I'll take it.

I'm wondering if there is a polarizing filter (like with the KF HD) on the SD 2nd-gen model as well. Anyone have any insight on this?
Doc109 is offline   Reply With Quote