Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 09:32 AM   #797
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
This is for a K3?
Try using version 1.4 rather than 1.3
That's true as well. Actually, I'm pretty sure that the K3 also uses Java 1.4, not Java 1.3. (I did own a K3 some time ago, and I did some experiments with it. And from what I remember, it was 1.4 as well).

EDIT: Confirmed. Kindle 3 uses Java 1.4 as well, so no need to jump through any hoops here. However, you *will* need to adapt all the Swing-specific parts, because the K3 support almost none of the Swing classes (JButton, JCheckbox, etc.)

But as said, I suggest to completely ignore the UI parts for the time being. The JBPatch core will also happily work without any UI (as it did before, actually. All of the UI stuff was only introduced with version 2, and is really only a convenience thing, because it's easier for end users). It is entirely thinkable to have a JBPatch version (and patches) which do not need any UI. That would make things a lot easier to start with, when porting it to the K3.

Last edited by ixtab; 10-11-2012 at 09:40 AM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote