View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 01:17 PM   #37
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger View Post
If/when you understand the problem, please can you tell me how to work around it. Thanks.
I'm afraid for the time being the only workaround is to simply ignore this issue. Ask yourself, how many times have you used Go to Beginning with your ebooks?

Chances are that 99% of potential Kindle book readers will never even notice that there is a problem.

Since the Go to Beginning guide item worked fine in a non-KF8 file created with an older KindleGen version and an azw3 file generated by Calibre, AFAIK, you only have two possibilities.

a) Downgrade KindleGen to V1.1 build 99 and create a simple mobi7 file. This means that you won't be able to embed fonts and cannot use some other advanced features introduced with KF8. On the plus side your book is less likely to be rejected by Amazon.

b) Use Calibre to create an .azw3 (=KF8-only) or a combo mobi file and keep your fingers crossed that Amazon won't notice that it wasn't created with KindleGen.

Of course, you shouldn't discount the possibility that DiapDealer, NiLuJe or one of the other "usual suspects" will come up with a smart workaround or that a bored Amazon developer stumbles upon this thread and actually investigates and fixes this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I'm pretty sure there's another thread around here talking about similar experiences with the K4.
Your encyclopedic knowledge of all things ebook related never ceases to amaze me!
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote