View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 01:46 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart Grove View Post
Hi i'm hoping someone can show me the error of my ways. I've read numerous posts on this and tried a few things but i cannot add books to my library and have Calibre automatically set the author to last name first.

What i am doing is dragging a MOBI file from an Explorer window in to the Calibre window. Calibre tells me its adding the book and the book then appears in my library.

I check the author field in the meta data and its first name then last name. The author sort field is exactly how i want it (last name, first name) so i have been manually copying from one field to the other but thought there has to be a way of getting the software to do this automatically. A quick search around and i find lots of info but nothing has worked yet.

I have tried going to Preferences -> Advanced -> Tweaks -> Author Sort Name Algorithm and author_sort_copy_method = 'invert' and trying the comma and copy settings but nothing alters the author field when i drop a book in to Calibre from an Explorer window.

So what am i doing wrong?

Sorry my first post here is a problem
the tweak only affects NEW books being added, not existing books.

You could try using the Manage Authors... button at the bottom of the Tag Browser
Manage Authors: use the Recalculate button
Warning: Will overwrite ALL custom Author sort values
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote