View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 12:52 PM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choisya View Post
I would like to see the Kindle available for sale in the UK! I have been hoping to get one for my 75th birthday in March but am told by Amazon.com that I cannot purchase from them and that their 'whisper' wireless technology' will not work in the UK. I see that they are available on Ebay but I am scared to purchase one and then find it will not work here. If there are any UK users out there I would welcome their advice.
Don't do it. The machine will work, but you won't be able to buy any books from Amazon (without jumping through a lot of hoops) and you'll effectively be buying it with no warranty.

Have you considered the CyBook as an alternative?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote