View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 09:38 PM   #10
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Reposting is easy....

I've done it plenty of times.

Go to the upload area, where you normally upload a file....you go to this in the (I think it's called) the Advanced Edit area. Just go to your original post...you're going to edit your original post.

Just like you would normally post a file, there is the same window that comes up. You have a choice of leaving the original file or deleting it. You also have a choice of ADDING a new file. (Most people who have to repost name the new file with a "1.5" or something. This will be part of the name of the file, so you must add that to the name of your file.)

The next part is not so easy, because I don't know how your original file looks. Your FIRST STORY is perfect; it's those other stories that are problematic. Try to get all this as HTML files (if you haven't already done so), because they're so much easier to manipulate.

Anyway, you're not alone in posting revisions. I just did it for one of the ones I posted today. I deleted the original file and added the "1.5."

ONE OTHER THING: If you don't create a new thread (response) to your ORIGINAL thread, no one will know that you've posted a revision. So CREATE a reply -- just as if you were responding to someone's thread (except, in this case, it's your own thread). This will MOVE IT TO THE BEGINNING OF THE UPLOAD AREA SO PEOPLE WILL SEE IT.

I hope all this helps.

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 07-05-2007 at 09:43 PM.
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote