View Single Post
Old 11-01-2014, 02:53 PM   #760
ouchkt
ouchkt began at the beginning.

Device: K5W
K5W debrick help

Howdy,

I have a Kindle Touch W (B011 - received Nov 2011). Nothing custom, normal Amazon firmware (not sure what version). Hadn't turned wireless on in over a year and did to see if it would update itself (did not select the menu option). I left it sit at main screen about 10 minutes and for some reason I felt I should reboot it also, so I stupidly did a hard reset using the power button. Don't ask, don't know why I did it that way, but I have since read that was a bad idea.

Now it's stuck at the tree screen (never see a status bar or any text aside from the big "Kindle" above it). Battery is charged (days).

I've burnt the Kubrick 3.6 CD and tried that. It seems to enter fastboot mode (nothing changes on the KT screen) and Kubrick sends the diag code to the device and reboots it. The KT does it's reboot flash flash and gets stuck again at the tree screen (still no bar or other text). Have left it sitting for hours here with no change.

Next I tried the "Small debricking guide for noobs" here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=180789
to see if it would give any better error messages.
I've successfully gotten the KT to enter fastboot mode (again no change on the KT screen), flashed the 3 images mentioned, and executed the diag and reboot commands. However the KT gets stuck at the tree screen exactly like with Kubrick.

I'm looking for suggestions of what to try next. The KT seems functional as it is rebooting and responding to fastboot commands. I do not care about the contents of the device so I will gladly erase /var/local/ or the document partition if there are fastboot commands to do so.

I believe that the battery is fine as I was reading from it just before my mental short-circuit and have charged it for days trying things. The only thing I haven't tried it letting it sit at the boot screen since there were a couple posts that indicated sometimes it'll enter the diag screen after several days!?!

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!
ouchkt is offline   Reply With Quote