View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 10:42 AM   #3
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Once the MTP drivers are stable, it should be possible to add support for deleting sidecar files like those pngs, when you use calibre to delete files via MTP, provided they have a well defined naming system.
That would be cool. Did I miss something? I thought calibre MTP wouldn't be available on OS X (which is what I'm on).

Quote:
Ping me a few weeks down the road, and I'll look into it.
that would be a .png ping ...

Quote:
Though really, Moon+ should delete its sidecar files when you delete a book from its interface.
Agree. But since Moon+ doesn't (unless I missed an obscure setting option), it'd be nice if CC did, but it would be better if calibre did (including on OS X).

Edit: Yeah, Moon+ pngs are well defined. If filename is Joe Abercrombie - The First Law 02 - Before They Are Hanged.epub, the associated .png files are the same except for appended (no space) _1.png or _2.png as in:

Joe Abercrombie - The First Law 02 - Before They Are Hanged.epub_1.png
Joe Abercrombie - The First Law 02 - Before They Are Hanged.epub_2.png

Last edited by unboggling; 09-20-2012 at 11:16 AM.
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote