View Single Post
Old 12-28-2007, 09:30 AM   #3
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

Device: HP iPAQ211 / PRS 500, 700 and 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanTT View Post
[snip]I don't know if this is an after Christmas deal or what, but I am elated to get the Reader for only $239. Not only that, but the register also printed out a $50 coupon that can be applied at the Borders ebook store for any titles.[snip]

Congratulations on your purchase and also congratulations for finding reading bliss -- I know I have read mine every day since I bought it last March and am dreading the day it might break!

I bet that those price savings are because Borders is hoping for large sales when its partnership with Sony goes live online in January. It's the old hardware/software issue -- make little or nothing on a content-driven piece of hardware and then make lots of money on subsequent purchases of content.

Enjoy it and be certain to pay the mortgage/rent and the utilities each month BEFORE visiting the Borders/Sony web-site!
dhbailey is offline   Reply With Quote