View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 06:36 PM   #185
dioioib
Enthusiast
dioioib has a spectacular aura aboutdioioib has a spectacular aura aboutdioioib has a spectacular aura aboutdioioib has a spectacular aura aboutdioioib has a spectacular aura aboutdioioib has a spectacular aura aboutdioioib has a spectacular aura aboutdioioib has a spectacular aura aboutdioioib has a spectacular aura aboutdioioib has a spectacular aura aboutdioioib has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Arc, Kobo Touch N905B
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
I had a problem with sideloading (Processing Content freeze) after the upgrade - but I think I've traced it to a hinky, cheap-arse 4G microSD card. I went and bought a name-brand 2G one, and things went smooth as butter after that. 2G is plenty big enough for me, so I'm satisfied for now.

However, it would be great if the Kobo was smart enough to break itself out of these sorts of freezes, and give a more appropriate error message.
I know but the device advertises much higher capacities.

If you buy a car that advertised 100mph and it could only do 20mph you would be upset. I bought a device that is suppose to support up to 32gb. The way the device processes content I doubt both the internal memory and a 32gb SD could be used at the same time. As you add books the device adds parsed cover images in 3 sizes, and database entries with lots of redundant data. They could have saved a lot of space by using SQL table joins rather than just creating a huge spreadsheet style datafile.

I am much happier now that I have some content on the device and can get back to reading again. But would feel a lot better if I had confidence that the advertised specifications were fact rather than theory.
dioioib is offline   Reply With Quote