View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 10:14 AM   #20
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbruce View Post
I think 12 is a perfectly appropriate time to be exposing a young lad to broader sexual themes, lest he grow up to be a prude.
Yeah, depends on the kid though. I was reading through all of Stephen King and Brian Lumley when I was 11 and had several friends who did the same. I don't think it's unusual. Probably would have preferred Heinlein if I'd but had someone to point me in the right direction.

I recently read Heinlein's Red Planet and thought it was delightful. I want to say the protagonist is around 11 or 12 years old, so it might be perfect. Definitely a quick book though.
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote