View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 06:18 AM   #19
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
As for cost... not sure, I sign up years ago so I do not know their current price mode. Perhaps this page will help:

http://www.google.com/enterprise/app...s/pricing.html
The pricing link is for Google business apps. Do they not charge separately for domain hosting?

1and1 (www.1and1.com), which is where I host my domains (36 of them), has packages as low as $5 a month with intro offers even less. 1and1 is also a domain registrar, so it is easy to obtain new domain names, cancel unwanted ones, and renew those I want to keep.

The problem with greggbell .com is that most people will type gregbell rather than greggbell. Why not try to come up with something a bit more user friendly and that is available in multiple domains (.com, .net, etc.) and buy the various domains to keep others away.

The other thing to do is to be sure you also register logical variations on the name, by which I mean the names consumers might type to access your domain. For example, for my wordsnSync domains, I have wordsnsync and wordsinsync and I have the .com, .net., .org, and .us domains.

The expense is minimal (unless you go crazy like I did and have an excess of domains) but does act as protection.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote