View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 07:36 PM   #54
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by markino View Post
I suppose what I'm really asking is what kind of interactive UI would allow you to achieve this in a usable form. Checkboxes or something? I could see that working for an advanced search page, but not so much for a main library list. Whatever the UI, it would have to be pretty simple and quick, otherwise you might as well just go through the search system.
Can I just say "something like that"? The GUI of this sort of thing is always a problem. The best would be to have a button somewhere that shows a dialog with a set of options. These would apply to any of the sorting methods. That would be one press to display, choose the filter, another press to accept. With the current screen layout, I'm not sure if there is a place for another button. It could be an extra "set filter" option on the sort menu or added to the button in the bottom left corner. That adds a press, but doesn't clutter the screen more.
Quote:
Unless you mean separate lists of all of those things, in which case you're talking about something like different views rather than filtering per se, and you wouldn't be able to combine filters...
No, I wasn't thinking that. One filter that is used for all the current lists.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote