View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 04:14 PM   #41
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_skies View Post
I ended up receiving one receipt yesterday also, with all the day's ebook purchases listed. Today they went back to being separate. I would actually prefer to receive one receipt per day to cut down on electronic clutter.

ETA: I am still really curious why Amazon did this. (Made the K4PC program expire, that is.) I am sure there are plenty of people who don't open the Kindle4PC program very often who never saw the warning. They will probably be frustrated when they try to open it and nothing happens, and will eventually have to search for what the problem is etc.
My guess is that they might be gearing up to crack down on certain tools and their compatibility. It is common knowledge among those of us who use the tools that certain older versions of some tools were usable with certain versions of Kindle4PC. By eliminating the older versions of Kindle4PC they could screw up the use of those tools, until newer tools were released. I don't know whether Amazon is doing this for that reason, but it is one possibility.

EDIT: Of course another possibility might be that they don't want to supply CS for older versions of Kindle4PC. If they render the older versions nonfunctional, then they don't have to deal with them ever again. I doubt they can disable the really old versions though, only those versions from this point forward.

Last edited by jswinden; 07-24-2012 at 04:18 PM.